Transitions is a word, phrase, sentence, or series of sentences connecting one part of a discourse to another.
Transitions that add to or continue an idea you’re writing about:
as previously stated
at the same time
Do you want to improve your writing skills? Then keep practicing!
- Write on at least four different prompts without hesitation. One rule: Just keep your pencil moving!
Writing prompt ideas
- Write about being left behind. OR Write about leaving.
- I wish I could tell the truth about __________, but I don’t know how.
- Write about a time when you hurt someone and regretted it.
- Write about a time when you felt betrayed by someone you know well.
- Write about a time when you lost something important.
- Write about a time you beat someone at something.
- Write about a time you didn’t want to end.
- Write about a time when you felt scared.
- Write about a time when you broke the rules.
- Write about something you really want. What you would be willing to do to get it?
- When the aliens landed, I . . .